Saturday, December 11, 2010

slacking

wow, feels like ages since i've written....i always want to write, but by the time i finally get home from work and the gym, i feel like i can barely move.

i had a job interview on Wednesday for a private firm.  Right now, i work for the government.  i like my job ok - well, i like the people i work with, for the most part.  over the past year, my job has gotten more and more stressful and i'm working longer and longer hours.  i was underpaid before this year, but there's just no way i'm paid enough now for all that extra stress.  i've always been afraid of going to work in the private sector because it's notoriously stressful, but i don't think it would get much worse than the level i'm at now, and then at least i'd be paid decently.

i honestly don't know how the interview went - i think i did ok, but it was me and five older male attorneys, and they didn't seem particularly enthusiastic.  it's hard to tell, maybe it's just them and their personalities.  i'm usually pretty good in an interview and i can get people to relax and laugh with me, but they certainly had their poker faces on.  part of me really wants it because of the extra money, part of me is terrified that i'll get it and have to make a change - i've been at my current work almost four years and i'm finally starting to feel like i might know a little bit about what i'm doing, and at least i feel comfortable going to my co-workers for help....the thought of starting over with a bunch of strangers makes me want to puke.

but the fact that i'm handling this at all is good - i was telling my therapist earlier this week - this time four years ago i was sitting in a psych ward, on so much medication i couldn't hold my head up and couldn't walk straight.  so, at least i'm not there.

i've set a weight goal for New Year's Day - most people wait til New Year's to start a diet...i want to meet my goal by then so i can drop even lower.  i need to drop ten pounds - 10 pounds in about 20 days, i think if i stay focused and bust my ass i can do it.  the only thing about this shitty weather is i can't run outside if for some reason i can't get to the gym....i need to work on my upper body strength - i've been trying to increase my plank time, and i think i have the ab strength but my upper body/shoulders just can't hold myself up.  i should try and do planks every day - that should help me improve.

2 comments:

  1. Law is a competitive occupation, that's for sure. I'm sure the interview went fine <3
    And hard work leaves little time for sleeping let alone eating :)One of the reasons I want to go into law [and no amount of warnings will stop me, many have tried and many have failed].
    just trying to positive here =D

    a heavy workload on an empty stomach can be hard to deal with, maybe you should try aderrall or percocet or ritalin or something of the like? it's pretty much medicinal speed.
    in any case, i hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am from Pretty Thin and thought id support everyone by following there blog and hearing each individuals story!! i hope you enjoy my blog and follow as well =)

    Good luck and I hope you get the job!! Law is pretty impressive =) Also you can ,make your goal just stay focused and work hard =)

    “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”

    ReplyDelete