Wednesday, November 10, 2010

birthday spankings

yep yep it's my birthday today.  i'm old enough to not tell people how old i am.

this has been a weird few weeks.  i have had my anniversary, my birthday and i'll have my AA anniversary soon.  and let me tell you, i feel kinda blah about all of it.  now, something you should know about me, is i'm usually such a sap for this kind of stuff, i mean i usually milk it all for all it's worth.  now?  i just want to hide and cry.

actually that's what i did last night.  i came home from work, said hi to my MIL (who is still here *growl*) and went into our bedroom, crawled under the covers and hid.  and cried.  for no reason - at least not for any reason i could think of.  i really hate it when my emotions make no sense.  except that's all the time.

i gave a verbal bitchslap to this douche at work.  he's another attorney and he has such an entitlement complex.  he was talking about people that work under me and he was all "well, they'll do whatever i TELL them to do" - and i said "No, they'll do whatever i ASK them to do" - this what at our monthly attorney meeting in front of our boss and all the other attorneys.  and now i'm stressing that my boss and co-workers think i'm an ultimate bitch.  whatever.  i almost don't have the energy to care, but only almost - i'm sure i'll stress about it when trying to sleep tonight.

food is going ok i guess - i'm doing the best i can, what with everyone wanting to go out and eat and whatnot for my birthday.  i feel almost resigned to have to refocus again on Sunday.  but then, i shouldn't have any more issues until Thanksgiving, which will not be that bad because i'll be preparing for trial and everyone will understand if i don't attend dinner or eat too much.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Love!! I hope everything goes fantastically!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

    Want to switch husband? Mine is so cheap and rather not go out to eat since its very expensive here. Maybe this year I will ignore my birthday as I really dont feel like its anything to celebrate about.

    We are females so our emotions are not to be understood even by us. Being all of a sudden moody and trying to not burst out crying is a sign of depression. I know it all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!!!

    Good for you, standing your ground at work. They may think you're a bitch, but it's the bitches like that who get the job done well. ;)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!!
    I think it´s good that you told that jerk how things really are.You should be proud of yourself!
    I also hate when I cry for no reason that I know, but well, let´s face it, we all have a lot of reasons to cry even if we don´t know it at the time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete