Friday, November 12, 2010

make way for the chunkster

ugh.  the thing about birthdays is they make me wish i'd never been born.

so. much. food.  birthday lunches, birthday dinners, birthday cake, birthday fat.  honestly, i just can't eat like that anymore - even if i wanted to!!  after a lifetime of snacks and minimeals i just don't have it in me to plow through three or four courses.  Who eats like this?!?!

so i'm super full and physically distended and uncomfortable.  and i probably didn't eat much by "normal" standards but it feels like enough to feed a small village.  and i have one more dinner to get through.  one more.  i feel like a marathoner struggling to get through her last mile.  just. one. more.

then sunday - back to business as usual.  i can't wait!!  i'm already thinking about my meal plans for sunday and monday.  monday i know will be hardly anything because i'll be super busy at work...the upside of being overworked, i guess.  i'll have to eat a little something because i teach that night but probably nothing else.

PLUS! the mother in law is leaving monday....hallelujaaaaaah!  i can get back to not eating on my own time instead of being polite and making up damn excuses all the fucking time.

just.  one.  more.

4 comments:

  1. I COMPLETELY know what you mean! I went on vacation with my family to Disney a while back. Three meals a day plus snacks while walking around the parks. And every meal comes with dessert, not to mention they're all HUGE portions! And it didn't seem to bother anyone else! Its like being on a different planet, I just can't fathom eating so much. Birthdays are the same. But hey, atleast there's a good chance it boosted your metabolism right? =) <3 Happy (late?) Birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think how much food and celebration depends on the family. My hubby and I dont care much about too much food when it comes to celebration since both of us have weight problems. Its what you make it to be. Though be thankful that you have people around you that wants to celebrate your birthday as it means you are cared and loved. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate any kind of holiday for that reason. But just enjoy it, you'll have such a great week nxt week when everything is back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhh this is exactly how I feel about family vacations and holidays! Just one long endurance. Ugh. I've definitely been though some "birthday fat" lately. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete