Tuesday, November 2, 2010

therapy

i had my weekly appointment with my therapist today.  i told him about the dream, leaving out the making out part at the end, lol.  telling most of the dream was tough/embarrasing enough, no need to be completely mortified.

i also had another dream last night about people trying to break into my house - he had me close my eyes and tell the story of the dream through the perspective of the person trying to enter.  it was an interesting experience, especially given the different emotions that i felt.  in my dream, when people were trying to break in i felt panicked, angry, afraid.  from the perspective of the invader i felt calm, focused, driven.  i don't know what that means - my therapist thinks that they are two competing sides of me - the angry emotional side, and the detached, emotionless side.  in my dream the emotional me killed the invader...perhaps i'm trying to get rid of the detachment and disconnection in my life.

my mother in law is still here.  she hasn't even been here a week yet and is staying for three.  this visit is driving me crazy.  our apartment is tiny so everyone's on top of each other.  she and my husband bicker back and forth like children, in loud voices and in a different language so it just sounds like noise to me.  i want to place my hands over my ears and start singing loudly just to drown them out.  plus she will not stop cooking.  i'm so sick of making up excuses about why i'm not eating.  i'm not feeling well, i just ate, i never eat before the gym or after the gym, yadda yadda yadda.  my h and i are very rarely together at mealtimes, so i'm out of practice with the excuses.

1 comment:

  1. wow. that's deep.
    i can't remember what i dreamed about last night, although i have an inkling it may have involved hyenas..

    sorry your having trouble with your mother in law :(

    here's a tip, but only use this if you think you'll get away with it: put a napkin or serviette on your lap and sneak food from your plate onto it when no one is looking. when your plate s nearly empty excuse yourself, tuck the napkin in your pocket and go to the bathroom and chuck it out the window or flush it down the toilet. if you must flush it, don't do this too often or you'll clog up your pipes and it will be awkward.

    like i said, use this if you think you'll get away with it :)

    hope i helped xx
    (sorry for the wall of text >.<)

    ReplyDelete