Thursday, October 21, 2010

wedding weekend

i am staring down my nose at the upcoming weekend and i am filled with dread.

my friend is getting married and i'm the person of honor (i refuse to say the word "matron").  rehearsal and rehearsal dinner tomorrow night, wedding and reception saturday, brunch on sunday.  kill me now.  gaining five pounds is unavoidable.  fuck.  plus all the stress and running around and trying to keep her together (she's a bit of a basket case).  i've only known this girl about a year so i'm not sure what to say during my toast.  my dress makes me look like a fat lump and i can't drink at the reception.

ick.  i just want to crawl under the covers.

on thursday my mother in law arrives for her visit.  that's a whole 'nother rant.

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing!! =( The running around will keep you from gaining too much, and you'll think of something to say for the toast. -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to keep breathing!! Running around like a loonie will definitely keep your from eating too much, and it will burn calories. Just wing it with the speech, and keep it short. Everyone will be paying attention to the bride, anyway. :D Good luck!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since it's a wedding, drinking doesn't count -- and, at least all that running around will burn calories so you don't feel so badly about eating.

    ReplyDelete